2016 September 08


Today has been a difficult day.  I had an appointment at the Cinci VA with Dr. Allen.  He said, "I had hoped never to see you again." in a joking matter.

Greeeeat.

He, his RN, and two of his residents sat down and explained to me that due to the severe complications that I had the last time, they were not comfortable doing my surgery.

First, I don't remember my surgery being complicated but that is normal with the type of anesthesia I had supposedly. Dr. Allen had to have a general surgeon on call, had urology and nephrology come and look at my insides, had to have stints put in and then some.  Due to all of that, he was going to refer me to Dr. Eisenhower, an oncology gyn surgeon who had more experience.  He also thought they might decide to conduct the surgery roboticly. He however would not do it.

Great.

I'm not sure how I feel about all this.  First the diabetes with possible Lupus, then having to see an oncologist for the alien babies growing on my ovaries, not to mention the complicated life situation at home. Now it looks like I'll have to miss Autumn Fires so that I can deal with it all.

Grrrr


No comments:

Post a Comment

Politeness and respect required when leaving a message.